Mama’s Holiday Wish List MemeTodaysMama (link to: http://bit.ly/tmwishlist) and GameStop (link to: http://bit.ly/gamestop10) are giving away a sleighful of gifts this holiday season and to enter I’m sharing this meme with you.
1. What is your holiday wish for your family?
My Father-in-law's safe return from Iraq and magical Christmas experience for my twin toddlers.
2. What is your Christmas morning tradition?
We're working on creating new holiday traditions in our family, but I love fixing a big 'ol breakfast in my big 'ol slippers and enjoying the comfort of my family around me. I know Christmas won't be like this forever though (I'm thinking the 4 a.m. wake up to go see what Santa brought!).
3. If you could ask Santa for one, completely decadent wish for yourself, what would it be?
Just one? For small-time decadence, Godiva Chocolates, yummm!
For medium-sized decadence: Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa!
For big-time decadence, A vacation to Japan
4. How do you make the holidays special without spending any money?
Piling the whole crew in the family truckster and checking out the awesome Christmas lights. We play Christmas carols and/or sing along the way.
5. What games did you play with your family growing up?
As a very young child, I remember Candy Land, Chutes and Ladders, and Sorry. I also still remember getting an Atari game system for Christmas (I'm seriously dating myself here!) But growing up in the Texas panhandle, if we were lucky enough to have snow on the ground, the best games were anything with a snowball!
6. What holiday tradition have you carried on from your own childhood?
Baking for sure. I remember my mom baked and baked each year - everything from bread to cookie Christmas ornaments. I loved helping her with the baking (and the eating!) of all those goodies.
7. Where would you go for a Christmas-away-from-home trip?
Call me crazy, but I do think that a little cold weather on Christmas makes the holiday a little warmer. I think New York is awesome at Christmas but dreaming big, I would love to spend the holidays in Europe somewhere.
8. Check out GameStop (link to: http://bit.ly/gamestop10) and tell us, what are the three top items on your GameStop Wish List this year?Wii for Mommy
Xbox with Kinect for Daddy
Nintendo DS for the Twinkies
Honestly, it's just a coincidence that is what is in the TodaysMama and Gamestop is giving away!